A fantastic Heer Panzergrenadier sidecap! It was made in 1941 bei CHRISTIAN HAUS MÜTZENFABRIK based in Berlin. It is maker marked, dated and "56" size marked to the cotton lining. Furthermore "B.II.41" marked to the side.
The "wiesengrün" Panzergrenadier piping was not introduced before 1943. The soutache must have therefore added at a later time in war.
The cap is nicely worn and without any moth damage.