Made from brass. Red painted crest. Worn by members of the "Roter
Frontkämpferbund" (Alliance of Red Front-Fighters). Around 1930/1940.
Diameter inside: 20.63 mm.
The Roter Frontkämpferbund "RFB" was a legally registered
association, but in practice a paramilitary organization under the
leadership of the Communist Party of Germany (KPD) during the Weimar
Republic. On 3. May 1929, the "RFB" was banned by the Prussian Ministry of the Interior. Numerous former members joined the Red Army and fought against the Wehrmacht during World War II.